- Where can I change my VIP ID password?
To log in to Self Service Carolina, you will need your VIP ID and password. To reset your password, click here.
- How do I find all my USC IDs and username?
To find a list of your VIP ID, USC ID and network username, go to my.sc.edu and click the link “View my IDs and manage my passwords” under Personal. You will need to log in with your VIP ID and password.
- How do I register for classes and change my schedule?
You must log in to Self Service Carolina. You’ll need your VIP ID and password as well as the course registration numbers (CRNs) for all courses you wish to register for. For a video walkthrough, click here.
- Where can I find USC class offering information?
The class schedule is available externally here or by logging in to SSC. Online listings are updated daily and include open and closed sections, new courses, and additional sections of previously listed courses. The USC Bulletin (which includes all courses and descriptions) is available online here.
- How do I change my address in the USC directory?
Addresses can be changed in SSC or at the Office of the University Registrar. If you want to withhold the display of your address and phone number in the campus directory, you may complete a Privacy Request (AS-175) form and submit it to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Where can I get a "full-time" letter for insurance or loan purposes?
You may obtain a verification letter by going to the Office of the University Registrar with your student ID card.
- Where can I get a copy of my grades for my parents, employers, or myself?
You may view and print your grade report in SSC by clicking “View Final Grades” under the Student Records menu. The only students who will automatically receive a grade report in the mail are those who are scholastically deficient or ineligible to continue. If you need an official copy of your grades, go to the Office of the University Registrar with your student ID card. A complete transcript may also be released for an $12.00 fee.
- How do I replace a lost USC ID card?
Replacement Carolina Cards can be obtained at the Carolina Card office in the basement of Russell House. For more information, click here.
- Where can I find more information about privacy and the release of student records?
Your records are protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Information about your rights is published in the Carolina Bulletin, online here, and in the Carolina Community Student Handbook.
- Where can I get information about important semester deadlines and dates?
Information on deadlines and dates for all sessions are available online here and on other USC websites. The Office of the University Registrar is available to answer questions or direct you to other resources. Visit the USC homepage for other USC information.
- Where can I get information about how senior citizens take courses for free?
The "Free Tuition Application for Senior Citizens" form is available online here. . For more information, contact the Bursar's Office at 777-4233 or visit their office at 1244 Blossom St..
- Having trouble enrolling in a course?
Check the restrictions and prerequisites for the course. If you haven’t met or don’t qualify for the course, it won’t let you register. Have you checked to see if you have any holds? Certain holds will stop you from registering. If you have no holds and are not restricted from the course, please contact your advisor.
- I took transfer work over the summer, now what?
Please have your transcript sent to the Office of the University Registrar, 1244 Blossom Street, Columbia, SC 29208.
- How many hours do I need to take to be considered a full time student?
For undergraduates, full time status requires you to take 12 hours. If you have a scholarship or financial aid, please check to ensure you take enough hours throughout the school year.